Thursday, September 10, 2009

More on Calorie Counting

I try to think of my daily calories like I do the hours in my day. Just like I don’t want to waste the 24 hours I have in a day, I don’t want to waste the calories I am allotted in a day. One of the hardest things to do is put down and stop eating something that you’re not really enjoying or you don’t think is worth your calories, but it is so important! If I’m eating a brownie that isn’t great I try to give it or throw it away, instead of wasting the calories.
For me I try to allot my calories this way, adjust for yourself as necessary:

Breakfast 300 calories
Snacks 100-200 calories
Lunch 400-500 calories
Snacks 100-200 calories
Dinner 500-600 calories
Snacks 100 calories

This puts you between 1500 and 1900 calories per day, which is great. It is better to spread your calories out through the day than to eat a lot at one time. This way you can burn your calories throughout the day, instead of them going straight to fat. So those snacks are important! Any snack that is 100 calories or less and is bigger than a tablespoon is good, that way you can have two if you need them between meals.

When counting my calories at the end of the day I have to do a lot of guessing, when I can’t find an exact calorie count. When I do have to guess I always overestimate a bit, just so I’m not consuming more calories than I think I am.

Ok that’s all for now. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment