Monday, October 12, 2009

Weight Loss Worry

I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything, but the reason is I would have felt like a bit of a hypocrite writing a weight loss blog when I wasn't losing any weight! From the beginning of September until the beginning of October I was just losing and gaining the same pound over and over again. It wasn't until this last week or so that I've been able to make some good progress again.

It wasn't all in vain though. I think I've learned a few things about weight loss. The biggest thing I realized is that stress can play a big factor in weightloss. I was very stressed this past month with moving into a new house among other things and just not seeing any progress on the scale was stressful too! I was getting discouraged. I was still counting calories, but had quite a few way over the calorie limit days and some stress eating too. But now I think I'll be better prepared and ready for stressful times. If I know I'm going through a stressful time I'm just going to recognize that my weight loss will probably suffer and just ride out the storm.

I'm happy to report now that I have lost almost 35 pounds in total since beginning this program in May and it's totally been worth it, even with all the ups and downs. So get out there and get working on it. You can do it too!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your newfound encouragement. I've been struggling lately too, so it's nice to be reminded I can start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a follow up to my earlier comment. This evening I had a large dinner to attend, and I knew it would be rich and satisfying. I was conscious about portion sizes and eating slowly enough to register when I was full. Hooray!

    On Friday I have a lunch meeting and our meal is being ordered tomorrow. I spent some time this evening looking over the restaurant's menu and the nutritional information of each dish to help me pick one that should be tasty but not caloric nightmare. A few menu items were well over my daily caloric needs, and that's just one meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, Good job! Every little thing you do counts.

    ReplyDelete